May 20th, 2014 by Benefield House
Benefield House is proud to announce that, once again, we have received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
This award is only presented to businesses that receive consistently positive traveler reviews on TripAdvisor.
We are proud to accept this acknowledgement of our endless pursuit of hospitality excellence and are so thankful for the visitors to our business, without whom being awarded the certificate of excellence would have not been possible.
Thank you all so much!
April 23rd, 2014 by Benefield House
Great B&B experience!
5 on April 22, 2014
Recently we spent a couple of nights at the Benefield House B&B in Jefferson, Texas. This was our third stay there and I think it is getting even better. Donna is a wonderful host and also a great cook. Her breakfasts are beautiful, creative and delicious. We always get the Cardinal suite mainly because it is downstairs and has an adjourning sitting room. Donna has rearranged the Cardinal bedroom and it is even more comfortable. The bed is great, and Donna pays a lot of attention to things like bed linens, pillows and towels. The house is beautiful yet homey and comfortable. All rooms are equipped with period appropriate furniture and decorative objects. My wife and I are originally from the general area and we have been going to Jefferson all our lives but we still enjoy it! It is a great old town. B&Bs are our preferred places to stay while we travel and the Benefield House in Jefferson, TX is simply the best B&B we have ever experienced.… Read less
Best Experience Ever!
5 on March 24, 2014
Staying here was just about the best experience of my life. A beautiful place inside and out, just like our hostess Donna! It was actually my first B&B and it was way beyond what I thought it would be. It was beautiully decorated and extremely well maintained with everything you can think of to make your stay a memorable one. The breakfast was amazing as well. When we left I felt like I was leaving family! I highly recommend the Benefield House and can’t wait to go back!
August 7th, 2013 by Benefield House
Reviewed August 6, 2013 NEW
Perfect choice for a last minute get away! Loved the location of this beautiful Victorian home, quiet and safe! Our Host Donna was the best…she made us feel right at home and doesn’t miss a detail to make your stay perfect. Loved the décor, made you feel like you had stepped back in time. Bedroom was cool and comfortable, excellent bedding and linens! The breakfast was the best, plentiful and fresh! Looking forward to going back, especially during the holidays!!
July 2nd, 2013 by Benefield House
How about A Vow Renewal!!
A Romantic and Intimate celebration for the Two of you:
•An officiate or Pastor to marry you or renew your vows in an Indoor or Outdoor ceremony
•Fresh Rose Bouquet of Flowers for the Bride
•Rose Boutonniere for the Groom
•Bottle of Non-alcoholic Bubbly, for your Toast
•A Two Night stay, in the room of your choice. Includes a full scrumptious breakfast each morning.(breakfast in bed available for an additional $10.00)
•A Wedding cake for Two
Weekdays(Just the Two of you) : $375.00 Plus 13% Tax on Room
Weekends: (Just the Two of you)$475.00 Plus 13% Tax on Room
June 3rd, 2013 by Benefield House
Fantastic experience start to finish!”
Beautiful original Victorian home in a good location just a few blocks from town…easy walk. Cardinal room was huge and very well appointed with period furnishings. Breakfast was great and filling. Donna was a perfect host. Would definitely stay here again!
June 3rd, 2013 by Benefield House
“best we’ve seen”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 NEW
We haven’t been to the #1 ranked B&B in Jefferson, so I can’t argue with the ratings, but I’ll tell you that it must be something very special for this one to be #2. All king size beds to start with (I can’t imagine why, in this day and age, places have queen and smaller beds), super private rooms, spotless bathrooms and every amenity. Very, very comfortable beds, and we never heard a sound. Besides the great lodging, it would be worth going there to meet Donna, and enjoy her wonderful breakfast. It is the very best B&B experience we’ve ever had, and we have been to a bunch of them. Do yourself a favor and try it!
February 26th, 2013 by Benefield House
most of us Innkeepers love to cook a meal hoping our guests will love. When staying at a B&B; what’s your idea of a perfect breakfast? pic.twitter.com/desVSHPCx9
February 1st, 2013 by Benefield House
Aahhh Valentines day. What a romantic day….we hope. Come stay with us and enjoy an extra Romantic feeling from the Benefield House. We will turn down your bed, dress it with Rose petals. Relax, lay back and enjoy some sparkling cider, and heart shaped homemade fudge. What a nice way to close out Valentines Day. But wait, there will be a special Valentines Day breakfast waiting for you in the morning.
The Lone Star Carriage Co. is available as well! Here is their Special!
Valentine’s Day Specials available NOW: *Add a Valentine’s Day Gift Basket ($30.00)
Price for 2 for 30 min. romantic ride – $40.00; Price for 2 for 1 hour romantic ride – $80.00
*Blanket available to use on the ride
January 24th, 2013 by Benefield House
Welcome to the new website for The Benefield House Bed & Breakfast. A bit different from our last, we hope you like it. Let us know what you think. You can e-mail or visit us on Facebook. Hope to see you soon!
December 28th, 2012 by Benefield House
Reviewed November 25, 2012
Our family decided to stay at this B&B for the Thanksgiving holiday. This was one of the best that I’ve stayed at!!!…..it its very clean, quiet, and very relaxing. Donna and Frank are the best hosts you can ask for!!……one of the few that offer a cooked breakfast from what I hear and boy can Donna cook a “mean” breakfast!!!……will definitely stay here again….
December 26th, 2012 by Benefield House
Cardinal Bedchamber $119.00
Bluebird Bedchamber $109.00
Hummingbird Bedchamber $99.00
Weekends (Fri-Sun) &
Cardinal Bedchamber $149.00
Bluebird Bedchamber $139.00
Hummingbird Bedchamber $129.00
There is a 13% Hotel & Occupancy Tax added to your room total.
We want you to enjoy your stay with us. Please read our policies.
- Single-night stays will be charged in FULL the day that the reservation is made. Multi-night stays will be charged the first night of the stay when the reservation is made and the balance will be due at check-in.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your stay, we will refund the total charge minus a fee of $25.00 per room per night. You must cancel two weeks before your stay for Non-Holidays/Non-Special Events or 30 days before your stay for Holidays/Special Events. If you do not cancel before that time, you will be charged the FULL amount of the stay. We will issue a refund only if we are able to re-rent the room, less the fee of $25.00 per room per night.
- Gift Certificates: Gift Certificates are valid for ONE YEAR from date of purchase. A credit card will be required upon making your reservation and to hold the room. Our cancellation policy DOES apply to Gift certificate reservations as well. Therefore, there will be a fee of $25.00 per room per night provided you cancel within two weeks before your reservation date. Holiday or Event weekends do require 30 days notice. If you cancel after that time, the Gift Certificate will become void. If we are able to rebook the room, we will reinstate the Gift Certificate less the $25.00 fee. Please also note that if reinstated, the date will be from original date of issue.
- Check-in is at 4:00 pm. Please let us know if you are going to be arriving late.
- Check-out is at 11:00 am. Late check-out is subject to a fee of $25.00.
- Rates are based on double occupancy. There are no visitors allowed in the rooms.
- The State rate is $77.00 as per the Texas Fiscal Management website. This applies to single occupancy weekdays only and does not include breakfast. If you would like breakfast, there will be an additional charge of $10.00.
- Holidays include New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. There is a 2-night minimum for Holidays.
- Special Events include Mardi Gras, Diamond Don’s Motocross, Pilgrimage and Civil War reenactment, Boo Run, and Candlelight Tour of Homes. There is a 2-night minimum for Special Events.
- There is an additional 13% hotel occupancy tax added to the above room rates.
- In honor of the men and women who are in active duty and serve our country, we offer a 10% discount off your stay. Proof of service is required.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. We do not accept American Express.
- We are a smoke free facility. Smoking is permitted outside only. Candle burning is not allowed. There will be a $200.00 charge for anyone smoking in the house.
- We apologize, but we cannot accommodate children under 16 years old.
- We do not have the facilities to board your pet, but The Dog House Inn is located at 320 Polk Street in Jefferson and their number is 903-665-7100.
- Due to a large number of people forgetting things in the house, we have to charge postage for items mailed back to our guests. There will be a $5.00 shipping and handling fee for all items returned.
- If you use a reservation service, there will be an additional charge of $10.00 per room per night. Please call us directly or use this website to make reservations.
- If you would like breakfast in bed there will be a $10.00 charge.
- All rates and policies are subject to change without notice.